Free Tretinoin 0.05% night cream ( usual price £60) or one months supply of Lumigan eyelash enhancement (usual price £85) when you spend £395 Offer ends March 31st (after the April clinic in Scotland)
This is a reminder for those of you who are new to St John Clinic. I’ll be happy to discuss with you the benefits of each of these at your next appointment.
Professor Studd’s newsletter January 2019
It’s important to me that you all read Professor Studd’s Jan 2019 newsletter, attached. Professor Studd is an internationally renowned professor of gynaecology, specialising in the menopause.
My summary is as follows:
– Millions of women are suffering unnecessarily from symptoms such as low mood, anxiety, loss of libido, interrupted sleep, ageing skin. and osteoporosis (please note Carol Vordeman’s story).
– A large proportion are misdiagnosed with depression and managed with antidepressants.
– Oestrogen, given by patch or implant cures all the above symptoms and maximises bone density over the years leading to reduced risk of fractures.
– Oestrogen given via patches or implant (NOT orally) does NOT increase your risk of breast cancer, heart attacks or strokes.
– Standard treatments for osteoporosis (eg biophosphonates, strontium, parathormone) cause unpleasant side effects whereas transdermal oestrogen given for many years reduces the risk of fracture and results in other positive side effects (see above).
It is clear that many GP’s, psychiatrists etc are not up date about the safety of HRT when prescribed appropriately and I know that many of you are being misdiagnosed and turned away.
Without HRT, women age quicker. In the context of my clinical work this means thinning, wrinkled, dry skin and accelerated bone loss. The effects on the skull and the ligamentous support of the skin results in folds, hollowing, jowls etc.
My feeling is that HRT should be considered by all women leading up to the menopause. It is important that this assessment is made by gynaecologists or by GPs who specialise in the management of the menopause and who are therefore up to date with current research.
Amended Clinic Timetable
At St John Clinic, my overall aim is to provide you with the best service possible. This includes keeping up to date with what is happening in the aesthetic medical industry, treating you with products of the highest quality and following up to ensure that you are happy with the effects. Providing a good service also means minimising waiting times for you and I’m the first to admit that in this regard I could do better.
In order to improve your overall clinic experience, I’ve decided to reduce my travel time and costs by the following:
– discontinuing Harley St and Kingston clinics
– offering regular clinics in Belgravia
– offering more evening and weekend appointments
The following is the current clinic timetable:
Monday Richmond / Belgravia
Wednesday Belgravia and Wimbledon Park
Thursday Wimbledon Park or Bath
Friday No clinics
Saturday/Sunday Belgravia or Scotland
Belgravia Clinic – 52 South Eaton Place SW1W 9JJ
This clinic is conveniently situated 6 mins walk from Sloane Square and 8 mins walk from Victoria. There are numerous parking pay and display bays in South Eaton Place and on nearby streets costing £3.70 per hour Monday to Friday 8.30am to 6.30pm and Saturdays 8.30am to 1.30pm.
Bath Clinics – Monkshill, Shaft Rd, Bath BA2 7HL
These now take place on alternate Thursday afternoons.
Forthcoming clinics in Scotland
March 2nd/ 3rd, April 6th/7th, May 11th/12th, June 15th/16th, July 20th/ 21st, Aug 31st/ Sept 1st,
Oct 5th/6th, Nov 9th/10th, Dec 14th/15th.
I look forward to seeing you at one of the St John Clinics soon.
With all best wishes,
Lady St John of Bletso MBChB MRCOG
Dr Helen St John
020 8946 9694